Vacancies and Appointments
Makueni County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
The Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC PLANNING
Pursuant to section 155 (5) of the Public Finance Management Act 2012 and Regulation No. 167 (1) of the Public Finance Management Regulations 2015; the Government of Makueni County is in the Process of establishing the county Audit Committee. The Audit Committee forms a key element in the governance process by providing an independent expert assessment of the activities of the management, the quality of the risk management, financial reporting, financial management and internal audit to the executive management.
In this regard, the Government of Makueni County invites applications from suitable and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
CHAIRPERSON - COUNTY AUDIT COMMITTEE – RE-ADVERTISEMENT ONE (1) POST
Terms of Service: 3 years Contract on part time basis
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Possess at least an undergraduate degree from a recognized university in the field in which she or he has been practicing.
- Satisfy the provisions of chapter six of the constitution
- Have at least 10 years of experience in a senior management position, where their scope of work covered the entire organization they were working with.
- Be a member, in good standing, of a professional body such as: IIA, ICPAK; ICPSK; IAK; APSEA; ACFE, LSK and any other relevant professional body.
- Be an independent proactive leader with confidence and high integrity
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the object, principles and functions of the Government of Makueni County
- Demonstrate competence in leadership and business management.
- Possess a good understanding of government operations, financial reporting and auditing
- Possess excellent working knowledge of an audit committees functions and risk management framework.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and time available to develop and closely monitor the committee agenda.
- Not a holder of a political office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Set the agenda for each meeting with the committee members
- Provide oversight on risk management, controls and governance processes and audit affairs of the County Government and make appropriate recommendations to the County Executive Committee regarding internal control and audit matters; and
- Follow up on the implementation of the recommendations of internal and external auditors.
- Arrange for a periodic review of the effectiveness of the audit committee alongside its mandate
- Demonstrate independence and impartiality in decision making which accord with the legal constitutional and policy requirement
- Provide clarification to members on the audit committee’s responsibilities.
WARD COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND CIVIC EDUCATION OFFICERS-(30 POSITIONS) – 1 YEAR CONTRACT
The officers in this position will report to their respective Sub –County Civic Education Coordinators and their Duties and Responsibilities will include;
- Planning and Coordination of Community Development and Civic Education activities in the ward.
- Participating in Public Participation events.
- Carrying out Civic and Community Education activities.
- Training and Creating awareness on Socio-Legal, governance and Public Participation issues.
- Advising the government on Community development priorities and needs.
- Mobilizing citizens to participate in development.
- Articulate County Government policies.
- Monitoring, Evaluating and Reporting on Community Development, Civic Education and Public Participation programs in the ward.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Chief Officer and the Supervisor.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for appointment:
- Diploma in Community Development.
- Experience in Social work.
- Experience in Community Mobilization.
- Team Player.
HOW TO APPLY
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed below should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to;
Makueni County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 49 - 90300,
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute.
All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before Friday, 13th January, 2017.
(i) All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(ii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iii) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(iv) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(v) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
MAKUENI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD