Mrs Jacqueline Mungumi is the Vice chairperson of the board and also the chairperson of human resource planning, discipline and industrial relations (HRPD) committee.
She is a holder of a Masters in Business Administration with specialisation in Entrepreneurship from Kenyatta University and a Bachelors degree in Education with specialization in Library and Information Science and Kiswahili from Kenyatta University. She has 14 years’ experience in teaching and before appointment to the CPSB was a lecturer at Thika Technical Training Institute, JKUAT (part time) and Technical University of (part time).
She was deputy Head of Information Science Department and as the departmental industrial liaison officer she worked closely with industries to assist in the placement of trainees for industrial attachment. She also initiated Library and Information Studies Diploma and Certificate courses at Thika Technical Training Institute in 2009. Some of the units/subjects she taught included HR principles for county governance, Principles and Practice of Management, Research Methods and Entrepreneurship Studies.
Jacqueline was the Founder and Trainer with Props Africa Consultants ltd, a Management Consultancy, Human Resource training and Youth Mentorship Company established in 2009 where she did Capacity Building and Business Mentorship mainly through training Human Resource of various organizations and training youth in entrepreneurship.
Her duties as vice chairman of the board and chairman of HRPD include:
- Chairing the County Public Service Board meetings in the absence of the Chairman.
- chairing HRPD committee meetings
- Advise and coordinate County Human Resource planning
- Liaise with the County Secretary and Head of Public Service on HRM issues.
- Investigate and advise the Board on all disciplinary cases
- Advice the board on the performance contracting.
- Review the performance management tools and roll out to all supervisors
- Facilitate the staff to have work plans and performance targets
- Ensure mid and end year performance reviews are carried out across the county
- Participate in maintaining industrial peace and harmony in the County
- Facilitate negotiations between the County Government and the trade unions for terms and conditions of service of unionisable staff organize