Martin is aged 47 and has a Master’s degree in Business Administration (HR) option from the University of Nairobi and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the same University. He is a member of the Institute of the Human Resources Management. He has over 23 years’ experience in Human Resources management in both public and private organizations. He served Kenya Railways Corporation and Rift Valleys Railways (k) Ltd as a Senior Human Resources Officer (13 year). He also served as the Human Resources Manager of Harambee SACCO Society Ltd (5 years) and the Kenya Judiciary (4 years). He is a part time member of the board.
He is a member of the Human Resource Planning, Discipline and Industrial Relations (HRPD) Committee.
His duties as given in the County Government Act 2012 can be summarised as follows:
- Policy formulation
- Recruitment and selection of county staff
- Employee compensation as advised by the Salaries and Remuneration committee
- Advising the County Government on the various Human Resource Issues and the best Human resource practice
- Training and development of county employees for productivity
- Advising the county Government on the employee relation and discipline issues among others.