CUSTOMER SERVICE CHARTER
This Customer Service Charter is intended to regulate the relationship between customers and Makueni County Public Service Board. This will enhance productivity and fast track service delivery consistent with service standards that respond to the needs and aspirations of customers. It sets out the commitments, roles and responsibilities of the Board on one hand and obligations of customers on the other hand. The Charter recognizes that customers are at the center of service delivery while the Board renders services commensurate with commitments and undertakings as outlined by the law.
In this charter, you will get information on:
- Objectives of Customer service charter
- Functions of County Public Service Board
- Services offered by County Public Service Board
- Standards associated with such services based on customers’ expectation
- Mechanism for addressing customers concerns
Objectives of the Charter
Customer Service Charter is a communication tool that helps to manage expectations, clarify responsibilities and provide an objective basis for assessing the level of service delivery.
The objectives of the charter are:
- To create awareness on the functions, vision, mission and core values of CPSB
- To provide information on:
- Standards of service established and expectations of customers
- Board’s commitment to customers on service delivery
- Rights and obligations of Customers
- Avenues for redress where service levels fall short of standards
- Enhance productivity
- Strengthen processes and initiatives that prevent malpractices
- Enable the Board serve citizens of Makueni as customers and meet their demands equitably and fairly
- Ensure timely response to customer needs.
Our customers are at the center of service delivery. They include: County Executive, Members of County Assembly, County Assembly Labour Committee, County Public Service, National Government, Public Service Commission, CPSB staff, Potential staff of the County Government, the public and other stakeholders.
In providing our services, we value:
- Meeting the needs of public service staff and the public
- The diversity and individuality of every person
- The professionalism of our staff and Board members
- Effective communication, including your feedback on our services
- Being accessible, courteous, fair and impartial
Services we offer:
- Establishment and abolishment of offices in the county public service
- Appointment of persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the county and to confirm appointments
- Exercise disciplinary control over, and remove, persons holding or acting in those offices as provided for under this Part
- Preparing regular reports for submission to the county assembly on the execution of the functions of the Board
- Promotion of National and public service Values and Principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 in the County
- Evaluating and reporting to the county assembly on the extent to which the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 are complied with in the county public service
- Facilitating the development of coherent, integrated human resource planning and budgeting for personnel emoluments in county
- Advising the county government on human resource management and development
- Advising county government on implementation and monitoring of the national performance management system in county
- Making recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, on behalf of the county government, on the remuneration, pensions and gratuities for county public service employees.
- Fairness and equity
- Office opening hours and contact details is clearly displayed in the Board buildings, on our website and within appropriate literature.
- Our official working hours are from 8.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. on weekdays with a one hour break between 1.00 p.m. and 2.00 p.m.
We shall communicate to our Customers in English or Kiswahili where possible. Correspondences received will be answered in the language in which it has been communicated.
Unoa Road off Wote – Makindu Road, past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute
Guiding Principles of Service Delivery
We commit ourselves through this charter to the following principles.
- Set clear and explicit standards of service delivery that meet Customers’ expectations
- Provide our Customers with adequate information on CPSB services
- Communicate clearly and effectively with Customers
- Handle Customers with dignity, courtesy and respect
- Keep track of our performance through an effective monitoring and evaluation system
- Always take corrective action on deficiencies that may occur
- Place the common good of CPSB, Customers, employees and their families above self interest
- Utilize resources prudently to attain best value for citizens and tax payers
- All our CPSB staff shall be friendly, helpful, respectful and sensitive to Customers’ needs
- Treat Customer concerns with confidentiality and the urgency they deserve
- Remain professional and law abiding when handling Customers
Commitment to our Customers
- To provide services as stipulated by the law
- To attend all telephone calls within the first 3 rings.
- To attend to you within 10 minutes of your visit to our offices
- To address your concerns with confidentiality and urgency it deserves
- All correspondences will be responded to within 5 days from the date of receipt
- Suppliers will be paid within 30 days upon satisfactory delivery of goods or services
- Our staff shall be friendly, helpful, respectful and sensitive to Customers’ needs
- To exercise utmost integrity when providing services
- Our staff are identifiable by Board badges and name tags
- Maintain a register of complaints and commendations
- Maintain a website to engage the public on Board issues
- Provide a suggestion box to solicit feedback from the public
- All CPSB services are free