Governor Mutula Kilonzo Junior on Monday met ICT and Digital Economy PS Eng. John Tanui for a discussion on possible areas of collaboration to enhance connectivity and innovation in Makueni.
Key highlights of the meeting include
• Konza Technopolis Data Centre to host the county data to ensure security
• Establishment of a number of village digital hubs by June
• Upgrading of the current 14 Community ICT centres
• Support in automation of key government services
• Implementation of Kibwezi,Kathonzweni and Mbooni County Connectivity Projects
• Wote Technical Training institute to receive a donation of at least 100 computers
The department of ICT was tasked with identifying and mapping of two hotspot centers, to be operationalized by June this year.