Today marked a key milestone in the formation of the Government of Makueni County, with the presentation to the County Assembly nominees to the County Executive Committee.
Pursuant to the County Governments Act 2020, the names were early today submitted to the Speaker of the County Assembly in preparation for vetting. The team also recruited a County Attorney who will serve as the legal advisor to the Executive and the Assembly as well.
The selection panel took into account areas of expertise, experience, gender balance and regional representation across Makueni County.
In his speech at the County Assembly on Tuesday, H.E the Governor urged the Assembly to expedite the vetting so that the team can embark on the business of serving the people of Makueni. At the moment, the County is faced with the dire need for famine relief and drinking water, occasioned by the prolonged drought.
Immediately the Supplementary budget is approved, emergency food supplies, water and certified seeds will be provided for an estimated 50,000 households across the most affected areas in Makueni. The incoming team has their work cut out.
The nominees are:
• Peter Mumo Nyamai – Trade, Marketing, Industry, Culture & Tourism
• Eng. Sebastian Kyoni – Infrastructure, Transport, Public Works and Energy
• Eng. John Kasyoki – Water and Sanitation
• Japheth Musyoka Mang’oka – Devolution, Public Service, Public Participation & Special Programmes
• Damaris Mumo Kavoi – Finance, Planning, Budget & Revenue
• Dr. Sonia Nzilani Musyoka – Lands Urban Planning & Development, Environment & Climate Change
• Elizabeth Ndunge Muli – ICT Education & Internship
• Nicholas Masila Nzioka – Gender, Children, Youth, Sports & Social Service
• Dr. Paul Musila – Health Services
• Joyce Mutua – Agriculture, Irrigation, Livestock, Fisheries & Cooperative Development
• Stanley Mutinda Nthiwa – County Attorney