During the introductory meeting between the Government of Makueni County and Development Partners working in the county, the following resolutions were agreed upon;
1. The county government will establish a County Development Partners Caucus to facilitate periodic engagement between the county government and the development partners.
2. The county government will work to strengthen the Sector Working Groups and establish Development Partners Sector Working Groups and ensure development partners working in the respective sectors engage periodically
3. That the there is need to enhance the capacity of the County Assembly on the policy making process and setting legislative agenda since the development outcomes will be impacted by the policy and legislative agenda in place.
4. The county government will work with the development partners to develop joint project proposals for fundraising.
5. The county government and the development partners will work together in the preparation of the third generation of the County Integrated Development Plan (CIDP 2023 -27) and integrate the development partner’s priorities in the county development agenda.
6. The county government will establish cost-sharing and sustainability mechanisms to ensure initiatives by development partners are sustainable after phasing off.
7. The county government commits to support and reengineer the cooperative movement as a vehicle for socio-economic transformation through forward and backward linkages in various sectors.
8. The county government will work with the development partners to strengthen devolution to ensure further decentralization of services to the lowest level and deepening community public participation model.