Vision, Mission and Core Values
A center of excellence in coordination and management of devolved Functions
To provide leadership, coordination and policy direction in the management of devolution and devolved service delivery for high quality of life
The core values of the department are:
- People centred: The department is committed to improving communities’ self-reliance, social justice, citizen action and participatory decision-making.
- Responsiveness: The department seeks to positively respond to realities and needs of citizens.
- Integrity and accountability. The Department shall conduct its business and lend services to its stakeholders in a transparent and accountable manner. The values of openness, uprightness and reliability will be upheld while executing its mandate.
- Creativity and innovation: The Department is committed to innovativeness, inventiveness, resourcefulness and visionary planning and service delivery
- Efficiency and effectiveness: The department will promote high productivity and prudent utilization of resources.