A journey that slowly began in 2013 through a senatorial by-election following the passing on of pioneer Senator Mutula Kilonzo Snr has today blossomed into the most coveted county job.
H.E Mutula Kilonzo Jnr has taken over the mantle of leadership as the second governor of the great county of Makueni. H.E Lucy Mulili was also inaugurated as the second deputy governor.
“This is a momentous journey that began in 2013 when I accidentally ventured into politics after the death of my father. Since then, the people of Makueni have walked all the way with me, first as senator for two terms and now as governor,” said the new county boss.
Accompanied by family, relatives, friends and thousands of residents, Kilonzo Jnr was sworn in at Unoa grounds Wote in a ceremony presided over by Hon. Justice Robert Limo.
The event was also graced by Wiper Party Leader H.E Kalonzo Musyoka , outgoing governor Prof. Kivutha Kibwana, Senator-Elect Daniel Maanzo, County MP-Elect Rose Museo, Makueni MP-Elect Suzanne Kiamba, outgoing Makueni Assembly Speaker Hon. Douglas Mbilu, members of the county assembly elect, among other leaders.
Makueni County Sand Conservation and Utilization Authority (MCSC&UA) is a County agency established in February 2015 by the Makueni County Sand Conservation and Utilization Act 2015.
To avert flooding occasioned by excess sand deposits, the Authority invites interested parties to harvest sand for commercial use outside county and who meet the below conditions to make enquiry with us.
The applicant may be an Individual, Group Sacco or Company who MUST abide with the following:
- Pay the Authority Ksh 700 per tonne of sand harvested
- Pay a license fee of Ksh 10,000 per vehicle per month
- The Individual, Group, Sacco or Company should strictly adhere to the harvesting and transportation times as stipulated in the Act section 30;
- The Individual, Group ,Sacco or Company should bear the cost of the loaders.
- The Authority shall revoke, nullify or terminate any case of violation of any part of this conditions.
- All the payments shall be made into Authorities Bank Account 1173940030 (KCB WOTE Branch) Account name: Makueni County Sand Conservation and Utilization Authority.
NB: Note that expression of interest on the above matter should be made from date of this advert and priority will be given on the basis of first come first serve.
Interested parties to contact the Managing Director, Makueni County Sand Conservation and Utilization Authority P.O. Box 183-90300, Phone no 0717661665 or 0708274961, email email@example.com. Physical address; Makueni County Sand Conservation and Utilization Authority is located at the Telkom premises opposite Mother and Child Hospital in Wote town, Makueni.
The sand authority is ISO 9001:2015 Certified